City & Guilds 2377-77 PAT Testing Courses
|Awarding Body:||City & Guilds|
|Next Intake:||Please speak to one of the course advisor on 020 3784 6005|
|Campus:||Presidency London College, Harrow Road, London, W10 4RA|
|29th – 30th Oct|
|3rd – 4th Dec|
This two day ‘practical’ PAT testing course covers everything necessary to successfully achieve the City and Guilds certifications. The courses include both a theory element and practical elements.
This 2-day course is actually 2 PAT testing courses in 1 covering both the 2377-77 City and Guilds qualifications. These are the latest and most up to date qualifications available from City & Guilds in PAT Testing.
Why take this PAT Testing training course?
PAT Testing is one of our most popular courses. It is a great way of streaming another source of revenue and will enable you to offer another service to your customers.
We now offer the most up to date PAT testing courses. We have upgraded all of our courses to the new level 3 PAT testing courses 2377-77. This course also forms part of the IET Centre of Excellence due to the quality of our training provision.
Is this course right for me ?
PAT Testing is a skill that can be learned by almost anyone (over the age of 18) such as office maintenance staff or landlords. Some basic electrical knowledge is useful but not essential. If you do not have an electrical background, we would recommend taking our 2 Day PAT Testing Course.
In a commercial environment, regulations insist that every item of electrical equipment is tested and certified as being safe to use. For electrical contractors, this can be seen as a potentially lucrative new service to add – and one that is required by industry at all levels
City & Guilds 2377-77 PAT Testing Courses Content:
These two qualifications taken together give you the best possible return on your time and investment. Most candidates use the advantage of taking the two together.
- City and Guilds 2377-32 Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment.
- City and Guilds 2377-22 In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
With these two qualifications, you will be able to deliver a PAT Testing service and also manage the business side of PAT Testing for a company and should it be required, manage the operators who are carrying out the inspections.
This course option includes both the City & Guilds 2377-22 Operators Registration and Examination and the City & Guilds 2377-32 Management Qualification. If you are looking to undertake only the Operators Registration & Examination 2377-22 you should click/book here.
We take you through the practical disciplines and formal recording processes, as well as preparing you for the online City and Guilds 2377 exams.
- Electrical Safety
- Regulations role and responsibilities
- Insulation and earthing
- Classification of appliances
- Preliminary Inspection, test precautions
- Using a Portable Appliance Tester
- Essential tests
- Optional tests
- Labelling tests
- Reporting and recording results
- Implementing a test programme
- Practical Assessment
- Law and scope of relevant legislation
- Types use and testing of electrical equipment.
- Categories, frequency, and practicalities of PAT testing
- Procedures, documentation, and user responsibility
- Identify training required for PAT testing
- Appropriate test instruments and how they are used
- Short Practical Assessment
- The 2377-77 PAT Testing exam consists of 50 questions with a time limit of 1 hour 45 minutes. This exam will be conducted at our centre in a comfortable environment.
Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course.
Are you unsure if our courses are right for you?
Our careers advisors are always on hand to offer advice and guidance to help you make the best decision to get ahead in your career.
Speak to one of our team today to find out more about your options on
020 3784 6005