To apply email us on: email@example.com
Job Type: 4 days per week flexible, with the possibility of extending to full time.
Salary: Up to Â£36k per annum depending on experience.
Presidency London College has an opening for an Electrical Trainer/Assessor who has the drive and motivation to help learners to progress in their electrical career, increase their employability and support their personal development.
The successful applicant will be required to teach apprentices, trainees and private learners and undertake assessment in the workplace for apprentices.
Essential Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Hold relevant Teaching / Assessors Award (e.g., PTTLS, DTTLS, NVQ L3, 18th Edition, D32/D33, TAQA, CAVA or A1(or equivalent)).
- Qualified electrician with experience in delivering and/or assessing City & Guilds 2365-02/03/ 5357 and elements associated to these qualifications i.e.,18th Edition, PAT Testing, Inspection and Testing.
- Have a minimum of 3-5 yearsâ€™ experience in their specialist area and must be qualified to a minimum of level 2 in English and Maths.
- Have dealt with the training needs of learners through a range of methodologies and have sound knowledge and understanding of work-based learning environment.
- Have a full understanding of the requirements of an Apprenticeships and Traineeships within the Electrical Installation and Maintenance sector.
- Able to demonstrate a clear commitment to high standards and the ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Able to establish good working relationships and communicate with a range of learners, staff and employers and identify and help learners to overcome potential barriers to progress and achieve.
- Ability to react flexibly under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be innovative, forward thinking and proactive, liaise with senior staff, prioritise work and manage competing
- Have proven ability to track, monitor, review and motivate learners to ensure timely progression and achievement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective planning for assessment and engaging with employer that generates timely completions.
- Be able to effectively manage a caseload diary of on-programme learners, meeting the operational and qualification visit requirements.
- Demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity.
Knowledge of current Apprenticeship Standards and Traineeship.
Other Desirable Qualities:
- Be Internal Quality Assurance qualified (D34, V1, IQA) desirable.
- Plumbing qualifications and ability to teach plumbing at level 1.
- Have experience of using an e-portfolio system to track and progress learners e.g., OneFile.
Â To apply email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org