This electrical apprenticeship is designed specifically for students who have secured employment with an electrician. If you are 16-18 years old then the course can be fully funded, if you are 19-24 â€“ then some funding can be made available. If you are 25 years or over there is no funding available. In this case you may simply want to consider funding the training units yourself.
You benefit from training here at our state of the art dedicated electrician training centre with your assessments and NVQ visits delivered via your assigned assessor. As such we can offer this qualification on a national basis as the assessments can be taken at anywhere in the UK.
How does it work?
In order to complete your full electricians apprenticeship you will need to complete the following:
- Part One. 9 practical and theory training units delivered at our training centre (Knowledge Units)
- Part Two. 7 practical units completed via evidence gained on the job
- Part Three. 1 performance unit completed at a local AM-2S centre or one near to you.
** You can also simply take the knowledge units on their own. Check out our City & Guilds 2365 Course.
Why take this Electrical Apprenticeship?
You will receive the most up to date qualifications whilst earning an income as an electricianâ€™s apprentice. The government, ECA, JIB, JTL and Summit skills all recognise it as a robust route to becoming a fully qualified electrician.
Once you have passed your final AM-2S Assessments you will be a fully qualified electrician able to undertake work in both domestic and commercial settings. You will also have the most up to date knowledge in areas such as environmental technologies giving a foot into the door of renewable energy opportunity.
ELECTRICIANS APPRENTICESHIP CONTENT:
The units cover a wide range of topics including health and safety, environmental technology systems, overseeing and organising the work environment, planning, preparing and installing electrical systems, terminating and connecting conductors, inspecting and testing, commissioning, fault diagnosis and much much more.
- Understanding health and safety legislation, practices and procedures (installing and maintaining electrotechnical systems and equipment)
- Understanding environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems
- Understanding the practices and procedures for overseeing and organising the work environment (electrical installation)
- Understanding the practices and procedures for the preparation and installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Understanding the principles of planning and selection for the installation of electrotechnical equipment and systems in buildings, structures and the environment
- Understanding the principles, practices and legislation for the termination and connection of conductors, cables and cords in electrical systems
- Understanding the principles, practices and legislation for the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Understanding the principles, practices and legislation for diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Understanding the electrical principles associated with the design, building, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
PERFORMANCE UNITS TO BE ASSESSED
- Applying health and safety legislation and working practices (installing and maintaining electrotechnical systems and equipment)
- Applying environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems
- Overseeing and organising the work environment (electrical installation)
- Planning, preparing and installing wiring systems and associated equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Terminating and connecting conductors, cables and flexible cords in electrical systems
- Inspecting, testing, commissioning and certifying electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Electrotechnical Occupational Competence
Integral to this qualification is the Electrotechnical Occupational Competence Unit which is assessed by the AM-2S.
Course Dates, Timings and Funding
COURSE DATES AND TIMINGS
It is likely that in order to complete the full apprenticeship will take 3-4 years following the block programme based on you role and the amount of on the job experience you can get.
PAYMENTS & FUNDING
When it comes to an apprenticeship your training will be funded by your employer and the government. As such you will not have to pay for your training and will be earning whilst you learn. It is possible to earn below the minimum wage whilst doing an apprenticeship.
APPRENTICESHIP COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
In line with government guidelines we have published our complaints procedure for apprentices online.
EXAMS & ASSESSMENTS:
Throughout the course you will be assessed on each unit above in a variety of ways including:
- Knowledge Units: Online multiple choice exams and assignments.
- Performance Units: Locally assessed in your workplace. The cost of this course includes 3 onsite assessments.
- Completion of Electrotechnical Occupational Competence Unit which is assessed by the AM-2S at a centre local to you. We have access to a network of assessment centres across the UK.
Please note that you must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course.
Are you unsure if our courses are right for you?
Our careers advisors are always on hand to offer advice and guidance to help you make the best decision to get ahead in your career.
Speak to one of our team today to find out more about your options on
020 3784 6005
Follow us on Social Media keep up-to-date with the latest updates:
Want to Apply? Apply Now
Call our dedicated team on the number below or email to find out about your next steps: