Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations
(Buildings and Structures)(2365-03)
Pay and reserve your seats for following months
Awarding Body: City & Guilds
Next Intake: Please speak to one of the course advisor on 020 3784 6005
Campus: Presidency London College, Harrow Road, London, W10 4RA
If you are looking for career progression to be a qualified electrician then this level 3 Diploma 2365 course is the correct choice for you. It is designed for those who have already completed the Level 2 Diploma 2365 Course. Candidates that complete both Level 2 & 3 C&G 2365 Diplomas can progress to complete an NVQ to become fully qualified. Please note that this course has recently been updated it to align it with the new trailblazer C&G 5357 apprenticeship.
Who is this Level 3 2365 Course for ?
This level 3 course is a natural progression for anyone who has completed the Level 2 Diploma 2365 course (or Equivalent). Please note that if you have not completed your Level 2, 2365 course with ourselves, we ask that you speak to one of our tutors for an assessment before booking onto this course. In most cases you will require extra weeks training (at an additional cost) before starting our Level 3 course.
In some circumstances we can accept learners who have previous experience but no Level 2 qualifications, however we must make it clear that you will not be able to claim a final certificate for this course without first gaining a Level 2 certificate. Again, we would need to speak to any learners looking to book this course who do not hold a Level 2 qualification. Generally speaking for those who have no previous qualifications we recommend a Level 2 & 3 course package covering both qualifications.
Important note: Recent changes to the NVQ and C&G 2365 mean it is much harder to mix C&G 2330 L2 and C&G 2365 L3 qualification and then progress to the NVQ. As a general rule if you have more than 5 years’ experience you can use a mix of qualifications and progress to the Mature Candidate NVQ (if it is still available). If you have less than 5 years’ experience then you will need both the Level 2 and Level 3 2365 course (or equivalent from another accrediting body) before you can start the new C&G 5357 NVQ.
Why take the 2365 Level 3 Course?
The City & Guilds 2365 course is the most comprehensive course for those training to be an electrician. By completing this course, you will make yourself much more attractive to potential employers as you will have acquired most of the key skills required to work as a commercial, industrial and domestic electrician.
Most students will find employment either during or after the course at which point, they can complete an NVQ portfolio enabling them to become fully qualified. This is the latest course from City & guilds and has replaced the previously well-known City & Guilds 2330 (tech cert).
The 2365 Level 3 Course Content:
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. As a general rule candidate should have knowledge of electrical installation and electrical science. The course is primarily aimed at practicing electricians and domestic installers; however, it is also very popular with allied professionals such as contracts managers, designers, electrical engineers, consultants, surveyors, and other related trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of the IEE Wiring Regulations. All candidates must be over 16 years old.
Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering – Practical & Theory Training
- Principles of Electrical Science – Theory Based with Practical Demo’s
- Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning – Practical & Theory Training
- Electrical Installations: Fault Diagnosis and Rectification – Practical & Theory Training
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems – Theory Based
- Electrical Systems design – Practical & Theory Training
- Career awareness in building services engineering – Theory Based
You will build a range of installations in our specially designed practical workshops, whilst learning in purpose-built classrooms with electronic whiteboards.
Throughout the course you will be assessed by a range of methods including online exams, practical assessments and written assignments.
2365 Level 3 Exams & Assessments
- 301 Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems – Multiple choice exam
- 302 Principles of Electrical Science – Practical assignment and written paper
- 303 Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification – Assignment and Practical task
- 304 Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning – Assignment and Practical tasks
- 305 Electrical Systems Design – Assignment and Written paper
- 308 Career awareness in building services engineering – One theory Assignment
Please note that must bring photographic ID such as a passport or driving license with you in order to sit the assessments on this course
Are you unsure if our courses are right for you?
Our careers advisors are always on hand to offer advice and guidance to help you make the best decision to get ahead in your career.
Speak to one of our team today to find out more about your options on
020 3784 6005
Follow us on Social Media keep up-to-date with the latest updates:
Call our dedicated team on the number below or email to find out about your next steps:
Email: [email protected]