The traditional entry route is completing a traditional plumbing apprenticeship lasting four years. To do this, you’ll need to be employed by a plumbing company that will give you access to on-site work experience.
The apprenticeship is usually completed on a block release basis over the four years, with one week spent completing theory and practical training and two weeks working alongside a plumber repeated over this four-year programme.
Usually, on the third year of your apprenticeship, you’ll undertake training on domestic heating systems which will allow you to become Gas Safe Registered at the end of your apprenticeship.
The final year of your apprenticeship is all about gaining work experience, which after successfully finishing, will make you ‘time served’.
Traineeships are free.
We deliver our Traineeship programmes as a subcontractor to Strode College, funded by ESFA.
From the training provider you get:
- Training to prepare you for work, including CV writing and what to expect in the workplace
- Support to improve your English, Maths and Digital skills if you need it
- Sector-focused vocational learning to help prepare you for your apprenticeship or job and recognition of your learning
From the employer you get:
- A high-quality work placement of at least 70 hours
- An interview for an apprenticeship or job if available, or an exit interview with written feedback
- Programmes can be tailored to meet your needs and prepare you for what local businesses are looking for.
If you are eligible, you can maintain your entitlement to benefits whilst on a Traineeship as necessary.
Along with recognition of your learning, there will be support to link you with job opportunities.
A Traineeship will give you helpful exposure to the world of work and improves your skills, experience, and confidence. It will also provide you with an opportunity to achieve an English and/or Maths at GCSE ‘C’ or above a level four if you have not already achieved this. Gaining an English and/or Maths at GCSE ‘C’ or above a level four will help improve your opportunity for an Apprenticeship or to gain employment.
Are you unsure if our courses are right for you?
Our careers advisors are always on hand to offer advice and guidance to help you make the best decision to get ahead in your career.
Speak to one of our team today to find out more about your options on
020 3784 6005
Want to Apply? Apply Now
Call our dedicated team on the number below or email to find out about your next steps:
Email: [email protected]